Magnificat: Visit Magnificat’s website!
The College of NJ Music Department invites singers to a one-day choral workshop:
Three Great Choral Works by Antonio Vivaldi
Led by Dr. Philip Cave
Please click here for further details: TCNJ Vivaldi Day
Chorworks Annual Summer School 2016:
Music by Members of the Bach Family
The workshop runs from Tuesday 28 June and concludes with a final concert on Saturday 2 July. An extra day’s rehearsal is available on Monday 27 June for those wishing to be more familiar with the music. The workshop is for all levels of singers from advanced high school upwards, for choir directors, and for those who simply wish to listen and learn more about this glorious music.
Our distinguished faculty lead daily rehearsals; explore and discuss repertoire and performance issues in depth; coach vocal ensembles; offer voice lessons to work on individual vocal technique, and lead a masterclass for choral conductors.
Set in the nation’s Capital, the workshop is based in the Music Department in the Foggy Bottom campus at George Washington University. Tuition and performances take place there and in
Philip Cave, Director, has performed and recorded with the Tallis Scholars, the Hilliard Ensemble, The Sixteen, the Choirs of Christ Church and New College, Oxford, and the King’s Consort. He is founder and director of the UK early music ensemble Magnificat, with whom he has made many acclaimed recordings. He founded Chorworks in 2004 to promote the performance and study of early choral music, and has led choral workshops in the USA and UK.
Sally Dunkley’s singing career has developed alongside work as editor, researcher and teacher. She sings with Magnificat and The Sixteen, and was a member of the Tallis Scholars for 20 years. She also prepares modern editions from original sources, many published in the OUP Musica Dei Donum series.
Soprano Rosa Lamoreaux is known for her flawless sense of style, incandescent presence, “wonderfully rich timbre and amazingly flexible voice.” She is hailed for her versatile musicianship, her radiant, engaging and effortless singing, the diversity of her repertoire, and her many fine recordings.
Baritone Brian Ming Chu has won critical acclaim for his interpretive versatility in music from the Renaissance to the 21st century, equally adept in early music. Hailed for his “rich and resonant voice…an impressive performer of wide range, agility, and expressive storytelling ability,” he has taught voice for over ten years on the faculties of Muhlenberg, Swarthmore and Haverford Colleges, and Lehigh and Rowan Universities, where he has acts as clinician for masterclasses and vocal chamber music.
- Registration & Fees: PRE-REGISTRATION is required as we will send music in advance to print and bring with you.
• Main workshop: $500 includes tuition, music and daily refreshments.
• Optional Pre-workshop day Monday 27 June: $75
• Voice lessons with faculty member (45 min.): $65
• Part-time option: Attend each evening and the last day for half the cost ($250).
Discounts: Chorworks offers a variety of discount arrangements, including:
• Early Byrd discount: register & pay in full by April 1st and save $25
• Introduce-a-Friend discount: Bring a newcomer to Chorworks and save $50 EACH on regular enrollment, or save $25 each for part-time registrants.
• Discounts are also available for full time music students, group applications, and EMA members. Please inquire.
Accommodation & meals: Lodging is available on campus in shared dorm rooms or in local hotels.
- Dorm lodging: Lodging in dorm rooms at a rate of $36 per night per person for a shared room (3 or 4 people of the same gender to a room – 2 people to a room for married couples) plus DC tax at 14.5% and a Linen Fee of $13. All rooms contain twin beds, private bath with tub and shower, refrigerator and microwave. Room space is limited and will be allocated on a first come first served basis. Dorm rooms are available from the night of June 27th through the morning of July 3rd, for a 6-night package for $260*. Rooms must be paid in full to Chorworks by May 15th.
- Light refreshments are provided each day; all other meals are on your own. There are many cafes, shops and restaurants nearby.
MUSIC will be emailed to registered participants. For the best possible experience for all,
participants are asked to prepare their parts in advance to the fullest possible extent.
PLEASE REGISTER ONLINE BY CLICKING HERE! A non-returnable deposit of $75 is required.
Payment of the balance may be made via check.
If you have further queries, please contact us: email@example.com
We hope to see you there!
Sandy Becker, Chorworks Administrator